As a pilot you don't want icing in your carburetor or on your plane. Quickly check its probability with this easy-to-use app: enter the temperature and dew point values from the meteo (METAR) and get an immediate indication of icing probabilities.
- Enter data by tapping buttons or by keep pressing them for faster input.
- See immediate results of you data entry on the diagrams and the result pane.
- See how altitude affects the results.
- Read important air properties of a given point in the diagram from the result pane: temperature, dew point, humidity ratio, relative humidity and density.
- Hover over the diagram, instead of entering values, and watch the results appearing instantly.
- Choose one of the diagram types (Dewpoint, Psychrometrics or Mollier) for the graphical results.
- Choose between metric or imperial unit dimensions, e.g. 0C and 0F or m and ft.
- Change the diagram and background colors.
- Tap the explain tab to get a short explanation of this app.
- Zoom in (two fingers gesture) and pan (one finger gesture) to ease accessing the data entry controls or to enlarge a part of the diagram.
- The app saves the latest unit, diagram type and color settings and starts up with those settings.
- Changes its language to the language settings of the Android device. Only for English (Default), French, German and Dutch.
- Adapts its user interface when you rotate you screen.
This is a free app running on desktop and mobile devices, preferably on tablets. On devices with smaller screen, you may need to zoom. This app is part of the available aviation software. If you want to know more about Psychrometrics, Living Psychrometrics is a professional version with more features and additional calculations about air properties.
Watch the demonstration video.